Friday, October 29, 2010

‎"Meeting the 'right' person starts with becoming the 'right' person"

This is what one of my Facebook friends posted on his page this morning; and, frankly, if not certainly there is point to be taken from it.  I want to know though, what exactly "right" is in a society where morals and ethics barely have any clout any longer.  Society is degrading at such a fast rate.

I mean, with everyone and their lives crumbling in on themselves,  the fact that some peoples words are without any value.  Where a promise isn't trust.  Where respect is argued rather than displayed naturally.  We all fight against ourselves in our ignorance.  Sometimes we don't even realize that we are more lost than we were when we discovered we were lost.

Being the "right" person, is not going to save any of us from the plight of the modern age...economic/social collapse.  There are still going to be the vampires/masses of the world sucking us dry.  There still, will be all the lies that were told, and the cheats we've all acted out in our daily lives.  The things we tell ourselves so that we can get along with our days, ...what we defend to the death, or let go without notice.  It all shows in each of us, not only to others, but ourselves as well.  (if we are looking) It shows us just how shallow our bottom lines are.

I have turned my eye blind to so many different situations which were painful and hurtful.  And put those moments aside, so that I could carry on, deal, cope, whichever I needed to do to continue. And inside those exact things that I was ignoring, they ate away at my insides.  Changing me into a empty, vacuous, pit ......leaving me with no choice but to fill my head with drugs, and sex, and booze. 

And now that I have completely fallen off one of the wagons I put myself on, perspective is all so very clear.  One sees things for what they are in reality, ....and I tell you:  It's not pretty.  I am the very definition of cynic,  I believe at my very core that people will take care of their own needs over the needs of the many or even the few at times.  People will protect their own interests, purely out of survival.  I tried to ignore this fact as well, but it's there....always.   I think it's part of growing into Knowledge.

Spirituality teaches us to Trust and Love the things in our lives.  Trust/Love the Path your on, Trust/Love your lover or friends/family, Trust/Love yourself.  But in this action there is a vulnerability that Spirituality does not speak about, the fact that one cannot expect these things to be reflected back to you.  You have to just give it out unconditional and as pure as possible.  Seriously though, ...and when we are without light it tells us to have "faith" ....meanwhile, the masses are growing and growing killing and raping the planet.

Most people, even the good ones, when presented with Love/Trust, will not only reject it, they will not even Respect it with acceptance.  We aren't taught these things...we are taught how to build, and create, and finish all these tasks in our daily lifes...some more important than others.  But we are not taught how to Love, or how to Trust, or how to Respect works.   We all have to discover it for ourselves through trial and err, in life, by chance..  One would think after 25,000 years of civilization we could find some common ground on where to find these things, ...but we don't.  We are so lost.

There's no order in the world, that's why we are all addicted, ...we have to be addicted to something to crush the knowing that there is no order.  We hide in food, or drugs, or exercise, or alcohol, or expensive toys....at the end of the day , ...we are all trying hold it together, so that we don't lose some imaginary trophy.

Well, I say , ...fuck it.  Im tired of being told to be the "right" person,  Im refuse to hold myself together any longer so that I can hold onto the belief for a minute that I'm right for someone or something.  It's ridiculous to try and meet other peoples expectations, ...I have had my own, and they are enough to handle.  People just take what appeals to them, ...there's so much more.  I don't care if Im the right person or not, ...Im going to be me, and if that isn't enough, well, tough titty.  I have better things to do that be right for someone else.

I've met a lot of people, and I tell you, ...some were not right, but they are still in my life regardless, I didn't judge them and throw them to the dogs like so many others would without hardly a blink.  Just because I dont' agree, or we don't agree, it doesn't mean there is no value.  People still have value whether they are right or not.....

Im not going to be the right person for someone that has no sense of Love, Trust, or Respect...what a waste of my time.   I'd rather be alone than with someone that views me as the right guy...please.  Look at the big picture people ...it's not all about what we want ya know.  There's plenty more beyond "desire"...

Stop looking for the "right" person, ...and consider what "fits" ....

2 comments:

  1. So Happy to have found your blog, I have been meaning to start writing again and am inspired by these reflections.

    ReplyDelete